Civil Code § 5930 – Prerequisite to Filing an Enforcement Action

(a) An association or a member may not file an enforcement action in the superior court unless the parties have endeavored to submit their dispute to alternative dispute resolution pursuant to this article.
(b) This section applies only to an enforcement action that is solely for declaratory, injunctive, or writ relief, or for that relief in conjunction with a claim for monetary damages not in excess of the jurisdictional limits stated in Sections 116.220 and 116.221 of the Code of Civil Procedure.
(c) This section does not apply to a small claims action.
(d) Except as otherwise provided by law, this section does not apply to an assessment dispute.

Contact Information